Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Split Personality

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia”. ~E.L. Doctorow

I have known for a very long time that I have two personalities.  I think that every writer does.  It is the only way to be able to separate reality from fiction. 
Being an erotic writer you have to even more so I think.  You have to be able to tell a story from a sexually tantalizing point of view.
I can’t think about half the things I write about all day.  I would never leave the bedroom if I did.  (not that would be a problem…but I have kids to take care of and things to do.)
For me, to write erotica I have to put myself in the mood.  I have to breathe sexually for the entire time that I write. I ooze it in every sentence and in every thought. 
Being able to separate my erotic life from my everyday life.  It is a must! 
But it comes naturally to me. 
 From a very young age, I have been able to live as two people.  I felt that I lived two lives and no one knew.  I could be the smart obedient child, sweet little girl but behind closed doors I was intrigued by sexual passion and the lustrous sexual appeal. 
I am a freaking pro at it!
Most people are shocked that I write Erotica in the first place.
 They are not shocked that I write.  I have been doing that for a very long time. (I used to be a news reporter. Bet you didn’t know that!)
I am two people and I embrace both.  Most of the time I am mom, wife, daughter and sister that can be somewhat obsessive at times.  I can be serious and dedicated and… a little conservative.
But when it is dark and I am in my element, I can get freaky and kinky and completely ready to sexually explore my world (a little wine doesn’t hurt). 
I believe that it makes my writing so much better because I give myself the permission to completely let go when I write.
I am two people and I love it.
I’m lucky.
My husband embraces both personalities.
Secretly though, I think he prefers the kinky version.

No comments:

Post a Comment