Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dangerously in Love

Yes, I am dangerously in love.
I know I said that in real life you rarely get that perfect ending. I still stand by that.

However it doesn’t have to be perfect for it to be a happy ending.

You could still end up so in love with someone that you can’t see straight and they could feel the same way.
The two lovers that I talked about in that last story, “And Thus Begins the Business of Loveis in fact my husband and I.  That is how we met and fell in love. 

He tells me that it was love and lust at first sight with him. Even before we officially went out he wrote me a letter that said he could see himself spending the rest of his life with me.

It didn’t completely happen that way for me. When I met him I thought he wasn’t my type but something told me to give him a chance. Maybe “not my type” was what I needed.  Especially since dating only “my type” was not getting me anywhere.

I remember the day he asked me to marry him.  By that time I knew it was going to happen it was just a matter of when it would happen.

5 years ago today we married in a church in front of our friends and family.

5 years ago today I vowed to him that I would love and honor him.

5 years ago today we devoted our lives to each other.
We have been together for a total of 9 years and it feels like just yesterday when I fell in love with him.

I know that I said that he was the lucky one but, I am married to an incredible man and I am damn lucky to have found him.  He came into my life at just the right moment. He has stood up for me and I know that no matter what if there was anything I needed he would supply.
I have to admit that he is not the most romantic.  There are days when I wonder if he has a romantic bone in his body.  Just when I have given up that he would ever do anything romantic…he comes home with a rose and a card and says:
“I know you have been working hard lately so I bought you this.”
One Christmas (and this is even after I gave birth to my daughter) he decided that he would do a twelve days of Christmas theme and buy me a gift for the twelve days leading up to Christmas.
As I type this it is hard for me to control my emotions. I cry because I am in awe with how much I love this man sleeping next to me.  He brings so much joy to my life.
I think what keeps us strong through the good and the bad times, we are friends. We enjoy each other’s company and we like to talk to each other.
He thinks that I am nerdy and weird sometimes when I spend the whole day watching the discovery channel and I work on my book.  He thinks that I am too hard on the kids and that I shop too much.
I think that he is so macho and weird sometimes when he spends money on electronics because he thinks they are cool or insist that we have to have the latest technological invention.  I think he can be too strict with the kids and I hate the fact that he complains about my shopping so much.
Mi-Mi asked us one day.
“Why are you guys married? You are like complete opposites.”
Well it is simple.  We complete each other. I need him just as much as he needs me.  We balance our world and thank goodness for the kids we know how to work around our differences.  We learn from each other.  We are loyal to each other.
I could go on forever so I am going to close this by saying Happy 5th Anniversary to my husband. I love you and will never stop loving you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment